Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, April 18, 2005

    Yankee Doodle... Whistlin' to the Bank


    I have never liked the Yankees. Ok, that's not true, 48% of them are pretty cool and reasonable people... No wait. I mean BASEBALL! Yeah, in my opinion, they are the spoiled brat pack of ball... Buy the biggest names and now they can't win :D I find consolation in the fact that New York does it with not just hockey, but baseball as well. That being said, I still hate 'em.

    Now the numbers give me another reason why.

    The team salary of the New York Yankees is $206,000,000. Yeah that's a lot. You consider the next highest team is the Red Sox (who won sure), at $121,000,000. A run down of some "Big Names That Help Win Pennants"?

    A-Rod - $25.7 M (1st overall)

    Derek Jeter - $19.6M (4th overall)

    Mike Mussina - $19M (5th overall)...

    I wonder how Andy Phillips made the team getting a salary of only $317,200 a year. He must be the waterboy :)

    To put it in perspective, the Yankees total is more than the sum of the 5 lowest teams together... Tampa Bay ($29.9M), Kansas City ($36.9M), Pittsburgh ($38.1M), Milwaukee ($40.2M) and Cleveland ($41.8M). That's something, ain't it? I mean, Tampa Bay could buy A-Rod and two waterboys :P

    And they still can't win :D

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.