Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Friday, March 18, 2005

    Urban Mammoth Rocks!

    The following is NOT a paid advertisement.

    No, really :)

    Some time ago now, I was involved in a "Survivor" style painting contest, called "The Last Painter Standing" on The Miniatures Page. It was pretty cool, and out of over 100 initial contestants, I made it through several rounds of submitted pics of miniatures to the final 11. At this point, we all had the same mini to paint, and do a huge write-up on. This was interesting, but of course, the pressure really started to build, as I made it through the First Round, and onto the Second round. This one was a bity tight, and my vision of a superhero, gun-toting swordsman nearly got me voted off. At htis point, several painters had been unable to finish, and a few have been voted off. The ranks were starting to thin out and there was realistically about 5 rounds to go to win. The Third round was sweet. I really liked my entry, but the figure we all had for the Fourth Round gave me fits. I had a vision, and I executed fairly closely I think, but it was so far out there that this us where I did get the vote... There was only three other painters left after this anyways, I believe, and the remaining figs were large and awkward.

    Anyways, the reason behind this story is that a company called I-Kore, who is now Urban Mammoth sponsored the whole contest. Everything was free, and we had the pleasure of painting the stuff, and keeping it... all for some stellar work and awesome write-ups. This same company sent me a few of their new releases a while ago, and yesterday, I received some more! They are cool figs, and now I will have to paint some for sure! Stay tuned :D

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.