Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Tuesday, April 19, 2005

    Zaphod only has one head?


    This is taken from Ejackass' Blog...

    Quote

    Zaphod only has one head?

    Well I thought that I would mention how I seen a preview for a new HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy movie. I am a bit of a fan of the somewhat dated cinematic version of the Douglas Adams books HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy. Sure maybe I watch it as often as once or twice a week (not in it's entirety just segments) and I may use a few lines from the show in various conversations when I feel the need to incite a bit of laughter. I wouldn't consider myself to be fanatical at all though. However after seeing the preview I am torn between anticipation of seeing the remake done with current technology, and fear that some of the original excellence will be destroyed through the remanufacturing process. The preview doesn't really show a whole lot of the movie but from what I can collect it seems that Zaphod Beeblebrox, the famed creator of the Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster, has only one head and possibly only two arms. I don't think that this is a major loss by any standard but it does make me wonder what other subtleties will be overlooked and forgotten. I demand that some stuff may or may not be forgotten in this remake. The original series was aired over the BBC radio and then redone for TV. It a wonderful series and I hope that this movie doesn't ruin it cause if it did I would be forced to smash it into little bits and jump on them until... ...until... ...until they've had enough.

    Well if anyone is interested in some clearly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty then follow this link http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/

    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    Of course, my reply to this was this:


    Indeed. I demand that I may or may not have given a terribly large amount of thought to this. For the first, I would suggest that now, miraculously, to hide his general appearance frmo others more easily, Zaphod's second head pops out of his throat when it has something terribly exciting to say, which is usually only a "Heeeeeeyyyyy..." Secondly, I must assume that images of the Vogon ships are simply clouded by clouds in the sky, and that they are, in fact, huge yellow slablike something that hang in the air the way that bricks don't. Thirdly, I would think that the rest may or may not be drivel. The Heart of Gold is a ball now, not a sleek running shoe. Love stories? Spider legged villains? These aspects of the original story were not readily made apparent ot me, and now my sinapses have had enough.

    So apart from other things such as Marvin, the Manic Depressed Robot looking very cute... must be a personality issue, and Ford Prefect suddenly turning into one of the Jackson 5, I think Zaphod has undergone the most changes. As the picture shows, he looks more and more like me, but sadly, the second head is hidden very well... A flamboyant all-around hoopy guy like Zaphod totally enjoys the look on other's faces when he is showing off his third arm, and even more importantly, his SECOND HEAD. Now it may be hidden in his throat, but frankly, this is the first I've heard of it...

    The only real mainstays so far, are these:


    • Arthur. He seems to have been cloned from the original character nicely :D

    • In order to successfully Hitch Hike throughout the Galaxy, you still need a towel.

    • Trillian is a woman. Arthur, Ford and Zaphod are men.

    • The Earth gets demolished to make way for a hyperspace express route.

    • Vogons are ugly and still have the third worst poetry in the Galaxy.

    • Zaphod is still the hoopiest frood this side of Barnard's Star, and he still has Peril-Sensitive Shades...

    I must demand however, after all is said and done, that I may or may not be totally ready to sit back with MY Peril-Sensitive shades, a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and a Towel and enjoy this movie. The shades will undoubtedly click on a few times, but in the end, I suspect we are in for a remarkably smashing time!

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.