Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Wednesday, August 03, 2005

    "Fast and Furious" Small Town Style

    Stardate 4343.1


    I live in a small Albertan town. It is quite near to a larger city, but still so small that there are no Police. Correction, we have one guy who comes into town part-time, and would rather hand out tickets for broken headlights than deal with other problems that I think are currently plaguing our town. Don't get me wrong, I love where I live, and I would never wish to move back into a larger city.

    But how tolerant should people be? A big issue I am having is with some other folks on our block. Now they generally aren't too bad, and being younger, you can expect the odd party or disturbance. But they really seem to enjoy either working on or rebuilding cars (ie. pimping rides for the unedercated), so there are always way too many vehicles parked in their driveway or on the street. Of course, working on cars seems to mean testing them out as well, so we get a lot of "pedal to the metal" revving and such. In the daytime, this wouldn't be too bad, but then they want to do a breakstand say, and our house is suddenly full of burnt rubber smoke... Or they drive around the block like speed-crazed morons... and in fact, our street is a school zone street.

    Anyways, for the last few nights now, it has been increasingly late (11:30pm to 12:30am and last night as late as 3:30am) when they have raced around town, squealing at every stop, and driving like they were Stock Car drivers. I would hate to cause an incident or be the "bad guy" if it only happens once in a while, but it is getting a little annoying. One of these days, they are going to hit someone or something, and then it will be too late. Needless to say, my wife is the one who has to deal with me not getting any sleep, and frankly, I don't think that is fair at all... Not to mention every freaking dog starts barking when they do this.

    So my problem is this... Should I speak up with my concerns about these "Fast and Furious" guys that want to run the neighbourhood with their tire burning antics? Should I place complaints every time they drive by? Or should I just turn up my amp when I am playing guitar in the garage?

    Seriously guys, do you really think you are impressing anyone that is older than 14? I think not. The redeeming factor is that eventually, they will either end up in jail, or actually grow up and turn into the grouchy guy across the road just like me :D

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.