Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Sunday, April 09, 2006

    World of Warcrack

    Stardate Unknown

    Well I have not yet taken the plunge, but I have test driven World of Warcraft now for the first time. I spent maybe 6 hours in total and I am the proud player of Gaznarak, a Tauren Shaman. The Tauren are minotaur types and look very tough, though looks probably mean nothing. I liked the Shaman as a class, since they have the ability to cast some cool combat magic like lightning and such, as well as enchanting weapons and healing. Not too bad with a mace either, so it all works out pretty good.

    I really like the game overall, and I can see how easy it would be for someone to get into the game to the point of divorce... The world is HUGE, and full of life, either wandering critters or other players. NPCs (non player characters) and quests abound keep you busy all of the time. Details right down to fishing and cooking bring your character to life.

    I didn't like all of the walking so much.

    I will definately play more if I get a chance, but I still oppose buying a game in the store and then having to pay a monthly fee on top of it, just to play.

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.