Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Thursday, August 31, 2006

    Computer Issues update...

    Stardate 6307.95

    As I mentioned last week, I had a very strange issue coming up with my machine at home, a generic host process for WIN32 services errorwhich came out of the blue, that caused me to end up re-formatting and re-installing Windows on my computer. This is never a bad thing I suppose, as it gets rid of any bugs that the various scanners and utilities don't pick up. Sometimes your core windows files can get damaged and this fixes everything nicely.

    Sadly, the problem persisted, even after a fresh install. It turns out that quite a few people experienced this problem starting on August 12th. Probably a bad Windows update patch. I was lost for a while, but after poking around a bit, I found a funny system device called Media Controller device which windows could not identify, nor could it find drivers. I also had a duplicate network card that was disabled, so I killed the connection associated with that. Either one of these things being disabled or a new Windows update patch seems to have fixed the problem. It has been three days now, with no further error notifications.

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.