Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, January 29, 2007

    Golden Goblin Painting Contest results

    Stardate Unknown


    Well I have been quiet all last week and very busy painting because Saturday was the Golden Goblin Painting Contest at the Kingsway Mall Games Workshop store in Edmonton. Basically, they have 3 categories (each split into Youngbloods for the kids, and Old Gits for well, us old Gits) and you may enter one model in each category. This was my first "live" contest.



    The first model was the Giant I recently completed for our local store. Sadly, he may have come in 4th or something, but he didn't place in the winning 3. However, all of the news isn't so glum!



    I also entered my Gandalf the White in the Lord of the Rings category, and won Gold with him! I was very pleased with that, and there was also more good news...



    I worked late every night last week in order to finish my entry for the 40K (sci-fi) category, and I very nearly completed Asurmen, the Hand of Asuryan from the Eldar race. I consider him unfinished still, as at 10 pm on friday I decided enough was enough. He still needs some trim and freehand on his cloth and cape, and possibly a new base, but even so, I managed a 3rd place with him. He is also my first ever 40K miniature. All in all, there are about 48 gems on him and that was one of the last things I had to do friday. When he is actually completed, I will post an update.

    Meeting some good friends and some new friends is always nice as well, and after all of the chatting and judging was over, we went for a good supper. it was really fun, and now I definately know what I need to do next time to get the gold in each category :D

    At any rate, we can get back to our regular programming sometime soon!!!

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.