Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, February 12, 2007

    From rock to black metal, all in a week

    Stardate 7133.22

    What a hectic but amazingly amazing few weeks we have had here. On the 31st, we had some tickets to see The Headpins complete with VIP passes and the works that our friends had gotten for some web work. The night was really stormy, and it is a wonder that anyone made it out for the show, but we all live close enough that it wasn't a problem. The show rocked, though the opening band, Last Day Lost, sucked as far as I am concerned. My wife liked them, but they just didn't have anything that appealed to me at all. We ended up hanging out after the show, chatting with Alfie and Tony from the Pins about guitars, and giving the ladies a chance to meet Darby Mills and get things signed etc. It was pretty fun actually and though it was a late night, it was well worth it.

    Last thursday was another music night for me and Killercorpse (frequent commenter here and good friend). He had tickets to see a show up in Edmonton featuring a band I really like, 3 Inches of Blood, as well as a perhaps miscast 69 Eyes, and the headliner, Cradle of Filth. I love 3IOB and the duel vocal attack was actually quite impressive live! I think they are even faster live too! I felt that 69 Eyes were a good band, but with a sound that kept making me think of The Cult, I couldn't help but wonder why they were on the billing with a power metal band and a black metal band. Cradle of Filth was previously unknown to me (musically) but they were awesome! Fast and heavy, they more than made up for the unimpressive 69 Eyes performance. Capped off that evening with a very late and snowy drive home from Edmonton. It was again, well worth the trip however, and I am now indebted to take Killercorpse to another gig at some point (maybe Stratovarius or someone will come through this way)...

    At any rate, one of these days, I'll get back to regular posting. I think talking about metal gigs is far more interesting than politics however... :)

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.