Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, December 20, 2004

    "Roger that big Rigger..."

    Well home after a very tiring weekend of gaming. This is always fun and I tend to use all the time I can to the max. I get to do this twice a year maybe, and it is always so much fun! Saturday proved to be a busy busy day. We used a special speech server, Teamspeak, to keep track of everyone as we had players in 4 or 5 different houses. This wasn't too bad, though I am sure everyone was really tired of me saying "Roger that" over and over and over.

    First big hit of the day was Freelancer. This is a really fun and easy to learn game from Erg... Microsoft. A heck of a lot of space combat goodness and uber fast rate of fire weaponry, we had 8 people (or more) flying around in our little gang. Made for some real choppy moments on my slower machine but then in a fight liek that, I imagine there would be a little chop. Still managed a fair share of kills though, and I think it was pretty much fun for all involved. Now as long as everyone doesn't go and pump their characters too high when I'm not around

    We grew weary of that and fired up Call of Duty. As I mentioned before, the tanks are really unbalancing, though it would be pretty cool if everyone had a tank to drive around in. We nuked that and tried various scenarious out. I really enjoy this game actually, and much prefer the germans over the US forces. One thing I noticed, it is entirely human driven. I mean you cannot set up a map where you and your buddies take on a base controlled by the PC. Has to be human players. Was pretty fun though, and another one I am glad to have installed. I'll definately have to try the single player campaigns.

    Through all of this, I still managed to get all of my Wizardry characters up to level 10! WooT! We played a bunch of X-Box in between as well. Some sort of Redneck Racing game... Test Drive I think. Got to drive old Buicks and stuff an ddo Demolition Derbies and Figure 88 Jump races and such. Tried out Burnout 3, but I prefer the old cars much more... Those new games are almost retarded they are so fast. Not my thing at all.

    Saturday night proved interesting. Around 3am, we were pretty much done for the day, when some old buddies showed up from the bar. Was nice to see them I suppose, but we were really ready to hit the sack. So needless to say, it wasn't until about 5:30 that they finally left

    Sunday was pretty mellow. Woke up, fired up Wizardry for a while, and then got in a few more hours of Freelancer. Something about that game. Just appealing overall I guess! My brother stopped by in the afternoon, and he got his first taste of the game as well. Stopped in at Mom's for supper, then off home we went! I think he is coming down next weekend for the chrostmas holidays, so that will be nice!

    Now it is back from the Academy however, and into the Jaws of Real Life. Back to work and the daily routines!!!

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.