Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Tuesday, January 04, 2005

    Picking up the pieces for an A.R. Bastich

    A.R. Anal Retentive.
    I post this under Health and Wellness since personally, this project affects my Wellness, and if I am not careful, it could affect the A.R. Bastich's Health.
    Man, try as I might, there is one guy I try to avoid doing work for in our office over and above the rest. Nothing personal against the guy, except he is older, and is somewhat slow and anal. He has very special standards he likes to see on his drawings (that are really a HUGE waste of freaking time considering anyone in HIS position should not need such mundane things) and now I am stuck having to do a bunch of work for him. Not a new job no. I am now the third person to work on this job.
    It came to me basically as a "add the new data to the drawing" deal, and hand in for his review. Well after getting a bit familiar with the existing drawing (I *am* the third person to work on it and i have never heard of the project before) I begin to realise that there are a zillion mistakes, as well as a zillion things not even done yet. Now my quick half day job is suddenly growing into a week long project for this guy.
    I don't mind fixing up other people's little mistakes, but trying to sort out what is missing and what is not is more difficult. I have no file folder either, so anything I need to check from the previous folk's work has to be dug out again from scratch...
    Grrr. Time to take a step back. Relax. Breathe... I guess I get paid no matter what, but stress free work is much nicer.
    Oh, the A.R. Bastich shall hereto be referred to as "P.O.D." or Priest of Darkness (cause I picture the old guy as the secret Satan cult leader in one of those low budget horror titty flics... You know, the nice guy from town that is the mayor or something but turns out to be the knife wielding evil dude who sacrifices our Big busted Heroin to Satan much to the dismay of some other people who can't act....

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.