Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Tuesday, February 08, 2005

    Marketing Brand Name Crap

    I always wondered why companies try new things. Some are really bad. Take one of my all-time favorite candy bars... Nestle brand Coffee Crisp. Now I love the original flavored ones. Awesome bar. Sometimes I wolf 'em down fast, and sometimes I like to split them apart and eat them layer by layer. Delicious. The other day, I go out on a limb and I try a Nestle brand French Vanilla Coffee Crisp. Big mistake. This thing tastes like a total piece of cockapoo brand doggie dung. There is more. The NEstle brand Triple Mocha Coffee Crisp. Maybe they thought that since everyone nowadays is a bunch of bedwetters that can't be happy with a normal cup of Java and has to have triple mocha latte cinnamon twist chocolate sprinkled gut rot instead, they should make chocolate bars that taste the same.


    Just say no to flavors that taste like ass...

    It gets even worse than that. Raspberry flavored Nestle brand Kit Kat bars? What in the good name of Bob is that? Frig, the bars taste good already, and I am sure they sell enough of them as it is... so why do they need to blow the market open with stupid flavored options? I bet sales of *real* Nestle brand Coffee Crisps are down and those arseheads can't figure out why...

    *** UPDATED ***

    Alright, I have to agree totally with the explanation Halfwaymaggie gave. Surround your top selling product with other rubbish and there is no room left for the competition. It's classic. Do we really think that Coke is going to make a mint off of Diet Sugar Free Vanilla flavored Coca-Cola brand soda? Not on this ship mister. But if they take up 2 shelves in the cooler with the rubbish, there is less room for Pepsi brand sodas...

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.