Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Tuesday, February 01, 2005

    Say No To Torture, Say No To Gonzales

    This week marks the timeframe that the US Senate will vote on Alberto Gonzales' confirmation as Attorney General. To paraphrase a message from Newsfare.com...
    "If every blogger on the No-to-Gonzales list and every reader (who agrees) calls their senator, we could have a significant impact on the outcome of the voting..."
    I strongly believe that the treatment of foreign prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison and other locations is wrong, and that taking the stance of "The end justifies the means" is degrading the values that civilized nations should truly be standing up for...
    *** UPDATED ***
    Well, today I sifted through the US Senate site, and either e-mailed each Senator or sent webmail with a plea to vote against this. It will likely do nothing but I feel as though *I* have at least done something! Too bad my Zip Code was 90210 no matter what State I was in :D

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.