Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, June 20, 2005

    Father's Day

    Stardate 4122.8

    Another year has passed. This year was great. I have been a step-father for over 5 years now, and it has held a lot of experiences for me, ranging from sadness, anger to love, happiness and jubilation. Watching children grow and progress is a great gift that not everyone gets a chance to share in. For me, at any rate, it is still a fairly new thing, and sometimes quite awkward. Even still, I wouldn't trade away the chance for anything.

    My son has always been about 50/50 with calling me "Dad" or "Glyn", depending on whatever sort of mental criteria he currently had. Recently, he has switched oVer to calling me "Dad" full time now, and I have to say that I really enjoy it. It seems somewhat strange sometimes, but it is definately a change for the best!

    This Father's day was nice. I got my homemade card a bit early, as well as a big new adjusteable lamp for painting. We celebrated a day early as we had guests coming, so that was fine with me. There were other ups and downs though. I called my Father in BC on Sunday, and had a very nice chat with him. They had spent the day at a car show, so he was having a wonderful time. Sent tons of pictures of all the cars, and he was happy that the weather was finally holding steady. Sadly, it was the first year without my Stepfather who had passed away last October. I think my Mom was a little down about that, though she didn't say anything. I think of his son and daughter, who had rough times with their relationship, and the fact that they don't have that Father anymore and it makes me sad. However, we can all rejoice in the times we share and shared in the past!

    I hope everyone had a great Father's day, or at least made breakfast for your Dad!!!

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.