Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Friday, January 07, 2005

    My Painting Backlog...

    Well I have not talked a lot about miniature painting, but after the longish holiday break, it is really time to start getting cracking. Now I am not one to rush as I really liek to take my time, and get smooth blends, fine details, and an overall polished miniature when done, so maybe I can shoot for a couple a month, or 3 maybe if I am lucky!
    On my table for imminent painting right now are the following figures:
    A special "commission" for Kev White, the Sculptor for his own company, http://www.jenova.dk/hassle/front.htm, Hasslefree Miniatures. It is a Pirate style Space dwarf. Kjaran. Very cool and finely detailed mini. I will be starting right away!
    Also from Hasslefree, I have a Minstrel who bares an amazing resemblance to myself to do, though I need to figure out how to convert his TINY lute into an Ibanez electric :P. Also, a couple of very scantily clad girls, namely a gymnast and a pole-dancer.... These shoudl sell okay IMO. I also want to start on several of their martial artists. The names elude me right off, but one is a cool Dragon man in a Kung Fu pose. Should be fun, and fits in nice with my current Wizardry addiction.
    Another couple of projects I need to get cracking on are Workbench articles for http://www.theminiaturespage.com. These are pretty in depth and involve many step-by-step pictures, and the figures must be completed to a high level. They are a swashbuckler, and a Drow priestess from Darksword miniatures. Very finely detailed and should be fun to paint!
    The last thing I REALLY need to get cooking on is another special commission that has not been started yet and it has been a year or more! It involves the use of a lot of Sculpey to create a subterranean cavern scene and will house a slew of mushroom men, and other classic Underworld dwellers, such as an Illithid (Mind Flayer) and perhaps a giant snail!
    Anyways, I will be sure to post updates when I get them done! After time off from my real job, and no painting either, it is hard to get back in the groove of doing both!

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.