Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Wednesday, September 21, 2005

    Klein to Give Albertans $400 Each From Surplus

    Stardate 4587.8

    CTV - Ralph says each Albertan will receive $400 from the massive unbudgeted energy surplus. I think this is great personally, because it is always a battle to keep gas in the cars now, and our heating bill is going to be outrageous this year. Another $2.6 Billion will go to Infrastructure projects and other things.


    Ralph - The pie was this big... and I was terrified

    Now as much as I would like this money, I am really thinking that we could have used it for buying medical equipment or putting it into education. I read that the Calgary Chamber of Commerce wanted Coporate tax cuts, but I disagree with that. All that is doing is giving the rich more of a break. After all, we are Albertans, not Texans, so the money could be better spent elsewhere.

    As it stands though, I will wait with pleased anticipation for my cheque.

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.