Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Thursday, November 17, 2005

    Canadian Liberals Evil Regime According to Malkin

    Stardate 4873.2

    I nearly spat my coffee on my monitor when I browsed Crooks and Liars this morning and saw this headline (emphasis mine):

    Evil Regimes Set to Topple?

    Keep a sharp eye on fresh developments in both Canada and Cuba, two countries with rogue, corrupt and repressive regimes that don't know when to cut their losses and leave town.
    I gotta say, coming from right wing blowhards like Michelle Malkin, I can only imagine what people who actually religiously (er no pun intended) read that stuff think. I will wager that many of them DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE CANADA IS!

    Any government in power is going to have some form of corruption or scandal at some level. I agree that the (former) Liberal government had quite a fiasco with the Sponsorship scandal. Now, the current government is paying for it and will likely be forced down blowing away loads of excellent tax cuts and funding plans that will no doubt end up costing tax payers even more if they aren't followed through with.

    Let's look at the High 'n Mighty GOP in the US. Where is your esteemed House leader? Oh yeah, corrupt. He had to step down. Who is getting all of the contracts to rebuild the Iraqi Oilfields? Oh yeah, no-bid Halliburton, Dick's little outfit. Gee, more corruption? I could go on... but there isn't much point is there.

    But a rogue and repressive regime? Give me a friggin break. This coming from the neo-fascist right wing propoganda machine in the US? Talk about repressive regimes... I have a repressive regime for them. Maybe the US should catch up with the "repressive" policies of the modern era, like legalising marijuana, gay marriage and many other social aspects frowned upon by Bible-thumping Bushco...

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.