Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, January 16, 2006

    The Best Was Yet to Come

    Stardate 5173.3

    I have wanted to see Bryan Adams for 20 years now, and after saturday night's show, I would go and see him again. He has a way with the crowd, especially in Canada, that is rare with performers, and he couldn't say enough about the support the fans were showing him. At one point, he brought a lady on stage to sing with him, and she did pretty good, considering she said she couldn't sing :) I got the impression that everything he does he does for the fans. Our seats were great for the show, and I found I barely looked up at the 3 big screens above the stage at all. This is something that I thought was surprising to see, as Judas Priest didn't have any big screens... It was really fun and an awesome birthday present!

    The first hour and 3/4 was spent rocking out to classics like Summer of '69, Somebody, Cuts Like a Knife, It's Only Love, This Time, I'm Ready, Heaven, Run to You, Lonely Nights, Hearts of Fire as well as newer stuff... like Everything I do (I do it for You), Can't Stop This Thing We Started, There Will Never Be Another Tonight, 18 Til I Die, The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me is You, Room Service, All For Love, Please Forgive Me... and then there were about 5 songs that he came out and did Acoustic solo after the rest of the band was done... including Straight From the Heart and others... I am sure I missed out at least 3 or 4 songs.

    I can't say enough about Keith Scott, either. He is Bryan's long time guitarist and friend, and though he is no Paul Gilbert or George Lynch on the axe, he brings a definate skill and style to the songs live, and had a chance to blast out some great solo work on It's Only Love. Both he and Bryan were always on the move, from one side of the stage to the other. It really helps bring the crowd closer...

    The show started at 7:30. The opener, Daniel Powter, played for about 40 minutes, and Bryan started at about 8:45 and played until 11:00. Powter was good, but I have problems seeign 4 guys on a stage with no guitar! He did one song called "Jimmy Gets High" that was very good, and written about a friend of his that died of an overdose. Quite an emotional song.

    Did I say the Centrium was SOLD OUT? Yeah. Great crowd. Great concert.

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.