Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Wednesday, January 25, 2006

    Robbie Burns Day

    Stardate 5219.3

    Today is Robbie Burns Day! I forgot with all of the hullaboo over elections and such, but thanks to my Father, I was reminded and thought I would post a quick mention.

    Robbie Burns was born in January 25th, in 1759. He was raised as a farmer with his peasant family and after he had little success with farming, he began to write poems locally. He soon received enough recognition that a book of his poems was published in Kilmarnock and eventually, his works were noticed in Edinburgh and the rest is, as they say, history. He died in 1796 and is now known as Scotland's National Poet.

    He was a true Scottish National and an inspiration to Scots everywhere. If you have the stomach, eat a Burns dinner tonight. Usually, they consist of Haggis, Neeps and Tatties. Personally, I cannot stand Haggis, though I will raise a glass in his honor...

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.