Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Monday, February 06, 2006

    4 things with 4 answers...

    Stardate 5278.7

    Well after a fun filled weekend that left me with no time to write, I will start the week with a fun meme thing that finally made it's way to me. Basically, there are 4 questions about me and 4 answers for each question. I was tagged by Verbena-19 so now I must answer the questions and decide if in fact, I am going to continue this by tagging 4 others...

    What are 4 vehicles you've owned?

    My very first car was a 1977 Ford Granada, back in high school. It lasted for some time before succombing to a thrown rod. After that, I went quite some time without a vehicle, and finally, I settled on a 1978 Pontiac Grande LeMans. This was a great car that was sold to me by my step-father, and lasted quite some time. Rust began to take control and eventally, I sold it to a fellow who didn't even want to test drive it. After that, I bought a 1984 Oldsmobile Regency 98, that my wife found as a great deal. It is still running good and is a very smooth ride. The 4th will have to consist of various bikes I suppose... my favorite being my orange banana seat bike I had when I was a kid.

    What are 4 jobs you have had?

    This is a tough one as I have done a fair variety of things over time. Presently, I work for an engineering firm, designing and drafting local roads and highways. I have done this for nearly 5 years now, with a fair bit of mixed experience in the field in the past. I find it satisfying and challenging, and far superior to having to toil away outside in the cold! I have also been a supervisor in the shipping department of a magazine distribution plant where we had to stack totes of magazines on skids, weigh and wrap them and load them on trucks to go all over western Canada. A forklift accident pretty much ended that line of work for me. I have also worked in the oil patch as a well tester. This involved a lot of sitting on my ass, but the actual work (when we had to do it) was very crummy. Always in a hurry, and it seemed it was either muddy and crummy out or else it was freezing cold and crummy out. I had a great job once when I was younger too, working in a hotel/bar as a prep cook, bartender and DJ. It was really fun, but I found that I ended up spending far too much time there, and nobody really wanted to listen to heavy metal anyhow :D

    Where are 4 places you've lived?

    I have moved around a fair amount, including living overseas. When I was a wee boy, I lived in Whitehorse, way up in the wild frontiers of the Yukon, normally haunted by only the brave Canadian Kilted Yahksmen... Of course after that, I spent many years living in either Calgary or central Alberta. I also spent 4 years living in Mbabane Swaziland, in southern Africa where I attended the wonderful Waterford Kamhlaba UWC school. This was an excellent experience for our whole family and offered us the chance to travel and see a lot. I spent several years living in British Columbia, which was very nice, though my favorite spot is still Nelson BC... Now I live around the Red Deer area, and plan on staying for quite some time.

    Name 4 vacations you've taken...

    Well this is kind of a neat question I suppose. I have seen a lot of places, but I guess I can say that I really enjoyed our trip to Egypt years ago, as well as a great holiday in Interlaken Switzerland. I have also vacationed in New Zealand (with a brief visit to Australia) and nowadays, I enjoy camping either locally or in British Columbia with my family.

    As for tagging others? Well frankly, I just don't know who has and hasn't been tagged, so tough luck!

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.