Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Saturday, November 19, 2005

    A Quest Complete

    Stardate 4884.0

    It has been over a year since I put the feelers out into all sorts of internet groups and communities that I am part of, and for months I have searched on eBay and various other places... Now, my quest is complete.

    When I was much younger, perhaps even 20 years ago, I had a large hardback graphic novel that both myself and my brother thoroughly enjoyed. From the first page, it was filled with wonder, adventure and endearing characters. At some point in my travels, I must have lent it out, or simply misplaced it, but now, I have aquired a new copy of this book, and I hope my son can enjoy it as much as I did.

    The book is called "The Trigan Empire", illustrated by a true master, Don Lawrence. There have been many incarnations, and several comic strips dating way, way back based on his characters, but this book in particular holds a special place in my past. This particular book is a beautiful hardcover, with 189 pages of great story and artwork.

    The story begins with three brothers, Trigo, who is smart and good, Klud, who is cunning and evil, and Brag, who is not so quick of mind, but sees the good in Trigo. Together, they take their nomadic tribe of people, and create first a massive city, then a flourishing space-faring Empire. It is an excellent piece of imaginative writing, and his artwork has long inspired me with some of my drawings. The story is a fantastic mix of historical fantasy and science fiction, all bound together with riveting and diverse stories, and the great artwork.

    I cannot wait for it's arrival, which should hopefully be next week :D

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.