Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Thursday, August 18, 2005

    Support Cindy Sheehan - Say NO to War

    Stardate 4417.7
    The results are in from my recent poll regarding Cindy Sheehan's vigil. It would seem that pretty much 2 out of 3 people support her efforts for one reason or another, and a small handful either don't care, or don't actually read or watch any news or blogs...

    I find it funny that the media campaign to smear her character is so intense, yet to me, it seems like a losing battle. Almost like the big bully calling names because he knows he is losing his friends. The latest efforts to tie in her divorce ar epretty low I must say, especially when you consider that they have been separated long before this vigil, and that the number of marriages ending in divorce nowadays is a *gasp* whopping 38% in the US.

    I understand now that my support lies with the fact that she is single-handedly spearheading an anti-war campaign for a war that was immoral and based on a whole ton of crap. Frankly, I know many people have lost sons, daughters and brothers and sisters, and fathers and mothers... I believe that has little to do with this now. It is about acting against the war, and making the administration accountable. It is about preventing another identical conflict in the next country over... For people to actually start "Support the war" efforts means they are supporting a President and an administration that lies to them or covers up the truth and their own mistakes with no remorse.

    Don't get me wrong. I fully support all troops from all nations that have been thrust into this and other conflicts. For the most part, they have no choice, but to do what they are told. The loss of human life in this war is amazing, and most likely covered up completely by the media. With over 100,000 Iraqi CIVILIANS dead, and 2000 US soldiers, not to mention many other nations' people, is it something that you could jump up and say "I support this War! I support George W. Bush!"?

    Not me.

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.