Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Friday, October 07, 2005

    God talks to Bush... and tells him things

    Stardate 4668.4

    "And you shall bring unto me.... a shrubbery!"

    BBC - God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers

    In a new three-part series called "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs" the Palestinian PM Nabil Shaath, and his Foreign Minister describe their first meeting with Curious George.

    Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"
    I believe the Prime Minister has said that they did not take him literally and naturally, the White House says the remarks are "absurd". Somehow however, I would not doubt Bush thinks that. Let's see how we are doing with your God-given missions then. Afghanistan is still in pretty rough shape, and there are likely 100 times as many terrorists in Iraq now that the US has occupied them for so long. The Israel/Palestine deal? Well it was looking pretty good for a while, but neither side can resist the urge to kill each other for long.

    I can't see you finding your Grail George.

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.