Site design by Zaphod. Best viewed on broadband at 1024x768 or higher. Please be patient.

Traitor to democracy... visit http://emersoncampaign.ca to help

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe to Newsburst Add the Zaphod's Heads feed to My MSN! Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines BlogMad! Mini-Painter Yahoo group Blogarama - The Blogs Directory MSN Alerts Blogroll Me!
    • Progressive Bloggers
    • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
    • Liblogs
    Peace logo created by Zaphod. Use as you wish!

    Tuesday, October 11, 2005

    A Long Weekend Well Spent

    Stardate 4687.8

    I'm not one to simply write posts about what I did on the weekend, but this weekend was great. It was a long anticipated long weekend, which allowed for a lot of important and not so important stuff to get done.

    Friday was really where it all started, as out company had tickets to the Red Deer Rebels hockey game against the Kootenay Ice. We saw these two go at it last year, when the Ice won, and I must say, Red Deer seems to have only half the team they did then, though after a terrible first period, they came out hitting, and skating, and ended up winning 4 to 2. It was really great to see the live action again. The CHL is really quite good, and all of those kids are seriously trying to get into the big leagues!

    I caught the Montreal/Toronto game on the radio on saturday, and was thrilled when they won their 3rd straight since the season opened. I don't know how long they will continue this, but I'll take every win I can. We watched the new Amityville Horror movie and I found it actually pretty scary. Not so bad for a hollywood re-release :D

    Sunday was pretty relaxing, though we went off to do some shopping and such. The boy is having a halloween/birthday party, so we needed to get prizes for the kids as well as stock up on DVDs for data storage purposes. The wife and I took turns putting on the goalie pads and we shot some balls at each other for a while in the driveway. It's kind of funny, because when I was growing up, I played road hockey almost every day, and I longed for the day I would have my own driveway that was big enough to play on, instead of having to be in the road and moving the net every time a car came. Well now I have one, and no friends around to play hehe...

    Monday, Thanksgiving day, was okay too, though we spent several hours raking leaves and generally finishing the yard for the winter. I am not a big fan of yard work, but it sure looks good when it's done. We played a super long game of Heroes of Might and Magic on monday, and I got some long overdue painting done while waiting between turns. There should definately be a new project finished in the next week or so (by the 25th for sure). I had a great walk last night with my wife as well. Not too many of those left I fear, with winter looming closer every day.

    And now back to your regularly scheduled postings... :D

    All opinions shared on this site are strictly my own. Some people may disagree and that is fine, but rude comments or overzealous debate will be curtailed. I enjoy civil discourse, and encourage independent thought. I oppose George W. Bush and his Wars based on lies.

    Site design created by Zaphod. All written work and code is the intellectual property of Glyn Evans.